nonprofit case studies
We've worked with more than 1,000 nonprofit organizations since 1998.
More than half our clients return for another campaign within the first 12 months.
Civil Rights/LGBTQ Case Study
Animal Welfare Case Study
Environment/Conservation Case Study
Animal Welfare Case Study
Environment & Conservation Case Study
Living Streets Case Study
World Development Movement Case Study
We love great case studies, and we also love the feedback we regularly hear from clients that report on the success of their campaigns. Below you'll find some of our favorite short success stories and data points that our clients have shared in recent years:
• National Relief Charities' very first welcome message to a newly acquired list of Care2 supporters resulted in a 49 percent open rate, 12 percent click through rate, 2.7 percent action rate, and even scored an immediate donation! Their first donation appeal saw a 1.1% response rate – typically what most organizations expect to see in a year.
• A national political organization has repeatedly achieved a 100% ROI (i.e. doubled their investment) within one year of purchase.
• A modest sized ocean conservation group reports that Care2 recruits donate at a 25% higher rate than the names on their own housefile.
• A small international development group that aids refugees in war-torn countries recently obtained payback in eight months after their Care2 campaign.
• A Washington, DC-based cultural institution tested Care2 against 15 other sources of online acquisition. Care2 greatly outperformed all other sources on a quantity basis, and beat all but two of the other sources on conversion-to-donor.
• A large national Environmental group, which has been using Care2 for many years to recruit hundreds of thousands of leads each year, reports that they achieve break-even on Care2 campaigns within eight to nine months of purchase.
• The Audubon Society sent out their first message to newly acquired Care2 supporters and received a 46 percent open rate and a 43 percent click-through-rate to their advocacy page, where they had a 42 percent completion (conversion) rate.
• 1sky.org - a national climate change campaign used Care2 to recruit tens of thousands of supporters, and strategic advice from Care2, to double its Facebook fan base in just two months. [Note: 1Sky subequently merged with another climate change organization and is now known as 350.org.]
*Though these organizations are well known, we've kept some names anonymous at their request. Care2 respects and protects its nonprofit partners.