Your organization's homepage is often one of the first engagement points potential advocates and donors have with your organization. How's your homepage looking these days? Check out these great tips by Network for Good as well as their free tutorial on maximizing your homepage to tell your organization's story and connect with supporters.
10 Tips to Improve your Website Homepage
- Establish an emotional connection off the bat. Make a bold statement, which can be the start of a powerful story.
- A one sentence statement that sums up your mission quickly.
- Clear, intuitive navigation that that speaks to your target audiences not your departmental chart.
- Show your impact and how donations are spent.
- An easy to find email signup form that motivates people to sign up for your list.
- A prominent donate button.
- A third-party endorsement (such as ratings from Charity Navigator, or a testimonial from someone).
- Clutter-free design.
- Links to your social media presence, such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.
- Your contact information, including email address, phone number and street address.